10. Sleep when the baby sleeps.
9. Choose your battles carefully. If it's not the hill you want to die on,
let it go.
8. You will screw up. When you do, apologize. Promptly.
7. Reading the story is more important than washing the dishes.
6. Don’t issue an ultimatum if you are not prepared to follow through.
5. Children, like adults, need love the most when they are acting the least
deserving of it.
4. Keep some perspective.
2. Trust your instincts, but learn all that you can.
1. The most important thing you can teach them is that they